Good news friends! In early April, One Leg Up On Life is making its first trip to Haiti! Here are our plans/goals:
- Present Kervens (left leg above-knee amputation) with a new prosthetic leg
- Present Mikerline (left transhumeral amputation) with a new prosthetic arm
- Present Sandino (left leg above-knee amputation) with a new prosthetic leg
- Evaluate two more kids, both with shoulder amputations
- Examine/assist other amputees at the Bernard Mevs hospital
- Meet with other Children of the Nations kids that Jess has worked with in the past
Along with Christy and Jess, the team consists of medical professionals from Dr. Stryker’s Orthopedic Motion Inc. and San Antonio’s Center for the Intrepid. Partnering with us in Haiti is an organization called Children of the Nations (Jess and COTN have years of medical mission partnership) along with the Bernard Mevs Hospital in Port au Prince.
Given that this is our first trip to provide prosthetic limbs in Haiti, we’re expecting some surprises and challenges along the way! We ask for, and greatly appreciate, your prayers that we can help these children who need prostheses, for the safety of the team, and above all, that God’s will is always first in our work!
The team will be very busy while they’re working in Haiti but keep checking back here on the blog, Facebook, and Instagram for any updates they have time to post! We’ll give you a comprehensive report upon their return to the U.S. as well!
Thank you for your continued support!